> Welcome to HEABC > Resources > Workshops & Webinars > Performance Management in the Unionized Workplace
Performance Management in the Unionized Workplace
This workshop prepares supervisors and managers in British Columbia’s health care facilities to effectively manage staff performance. It focuses on the responsibilities of management to create and maintain an environment conducive to effective performance, observe and monitor performance, have performance discussions outside of the formal review process, and conduct formal performance evaluations in a unionized setting.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to do the following:
- Describe the six factors that contribute to effective performance management
- Describe ways in which health care leaders can create an environment for effective employee performance
- Identify effective ways for observing and monitoring performance in health care environments
- Practice having effective conversations with employees about their performance
- Gain awareness of best practices for conducting effective formal performance evaluations
- Gain awareness of applicable legislation, case law, jurisprudence, and labour relations principles that impact performance management in a unionized setting
This course is offered as a 1-day face-to-face workshop, or as a 3-part webinar series.